Five peanut butter holiday treats to help you celebrate the season!
The PB elves have been working diligently to pack up orders and get them out the door within 1 business day. They may be going little nuts, but it comes with this job. They do understand that amidst all the craziness that 2020 has brought to us all, we also have a lot to be thankful for.
Turning our attention to all that we can be grateful for every day really does help us to stay positive and better deal with the curveball 2020 has delivered. We are in this together and will get to the light at the end of the tunnel (hopefully, there is a jar of PB sitting there as well!).
Saratoga Peanut Butter Company wants to send a big THANK YOU to all of our customers, new and old, that have supported us this Holiday season and throughout the year. We couldn’t do it without all of YOU.
We have continued to pride ourselves on shipping out fresh products daily from our upstate NY facility. Our ingredients are all sourced from the USA and we use only top quality dried fruits, chocolates, and nuts and seeds. Small batch production ensures that each jar arrives to you as fresh as it gets!
We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season. Yes, this year looks different, but take comfort in the fact that we can and will persevere!
***Also, we have noticed that the Post Office has been running a little slower on deliveries with COVID-19 and the busy Holiday Season, so if you want to make sure an order arrives before Christmas, we recommend ordering as soon as possible! We are shipping out next day, but delays in delivery with the Post Office are out of our control.
To celebrate the season, we created a list of our favorite peanut butter holiday treats! Plus, thanks to a bit of that holiday magic, these recipes are healthier versions of the classics we all love.
Can you name more of a throwback to childhood than Rice Crispy Treats? This recipe ditches the sickly sweet marshmallows for a more refined ingredient: peanut butter! This peanut butter holiday treat is a great example of how versatile our nut butter blends are, too! Choose any of our varieties to mix up the flavors of this recipe. (We think Blizzard Butter would be awesome in this!)
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats:
3/4 cup Plain Jane Creamy Saratoga Peanut Butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
1 cup (4oz) bittersweet chocolate
1 Tbsp Plain Jane Creamy Saratoga Peanut Butter
Peanut butter rice crispy base:
- Line an 8×8” or 9×9” square baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop over medium-low heat, melt together the honey and peanut butter, stirring until combined. (be very careful to not overheat).
- Remove from heat and stir in the sea salt and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the crispy rice cereal to a large clean & dry mixing bowl.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of the cereal and stir until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan. Use a greased spatula to spread it until the top is even and smooth.
Make the topping:
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a small microwave-safe dish or on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
- Stir until just combined.
Putting it together:
- Pour the topping over the peanut butter rice crispy treat base, using a spatula to spread it evenly and smoothly.
- Place treats in the refrigerator for 60 minutes (or in the freezer for a shorter chill time).
- Remove 5-10 minutes before serving to let them warm up slightly before cutting or the chocolate will crack. Serve at room temperature!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This decadent take on a breakfast staple ticks all the boxes when it comes to holiday desserts, but it’s healthy enough to be enjoyed any time of the day! Plus, like most smoothie recipes, this can be made dairy-free, too!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend. The consistency should be between a smoothie and ice cream.
- Once smooth and creamy, pour into bowls and get topping!
Healthy topping ideas: Coconut flakes, Sliced bananas, Chia seeds, Shaved dark chocolate, Any of our peanut butters, melted for drizzling
This cookie is easily recognized as a classic holiday treat! And really, can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate? Any of our delicious, creamy nut butters would be perfect in this recipe for a different take! Try it with Major Maple, Blizzard Butter, or Chillin Chocolate! Even Pumpkin Pandemonium would be great, if you have any to spare!
1/3 cup Plain Jane Creamy Saratoga Peanut Butter
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
To make your own Chocolate Kisses:
2 Tbsp Plain Jane Creamy Saratoga Peanut Butter
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if necessary)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until fully mixed.
- Scoop out dough and roll into balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown, adding chocolate kisses (or Hanukkah Gelt chocolates!) around the halfway mark.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
To make your own Chocolate Kisses:
While cookies are in the oven…
- In a microwave-safe dish, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and chocolate chips. Microwave in increments of 30 seconds until completely melted, stirring after each time.
- Once completely melted, stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour into ziplock bag (sandwich size or larger) and store in the fridge for 20 minutes. You don’t want it to turn solid, but instead cool down and get thick enough to pipe onto cookies. You may need to chill it longer.
- When cookies are fully baked and slightly golden brown, use your finger or the back of a wooden spoon to press down centers after coming out of the oven.
- Once cookies have COMPLETELY cooled, cut a little piece off the corner of the ziplock baggie and pipe chocolate mixture into the well you made in the shape of Hershey Kiss.
- Let set completely before storing on the counter in an airtight container.
This no-bake treat is part peanut laddoo — a bite-size Indian confection enjoyed during Diwali — part buckeye — the peanut butter and chocolate treat popular in Ohio — and all DELICIOUS.
**You may need to adjust the amount of maple syrup depending on how sweet your protein powder is.
1/2 cup dark or dairy-free chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Sprinkles, coconut flakes, sea salt, crushed nuts, cocoa powder, powdered sugar
- Cover a baking sheet or plate that will fit into your freezer with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly bash and then powder the seeds of the green cardamoms, discarding the skin.
- Add the peanut butter, pulsed coconut, maple syrup, and powdered cardamom together.
- Using a 1T measuring spoon, scoop dough into your hand. Roll into a ball and place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or long enough for the balls to settle and firm up a bit.
- While your balls are chilling. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. You want it to be big enough to fit the chocolate chips, but small enough so that you can dip the balls. Microwave for about 60-90 seconds, stirring every once in a while. Then, add in coconut oil and stir again.
- Once your balls have firmed up, it’s time to dip them into the melted chocolate! Place a ball on the end of a fork. Dip peanut butter ball into the chocolate, leaving a ring at the top. Hold your fork with one hand and use your other hand to tap your wrist, so that any extra chocolate drips off.
- Finally, use a toothpick to slide the ball off the fork and into one of the toppings. Roll in shredded coconut or sprinkles and then place on parchment paper. Repeat.
- Place baking sheet or plate back into the freezer for around an hour to completely firm up the chocolate.
The best part of the pie is the filling of course!! This delicious, creamy pie-inspired dip is made more festive with our gingerbread peanut butter blend, plus it’s gluten- and dairy-free!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with your favorite dippable snacks (or on a spoon!)